Spread your wings
Skills for a brighter future
What is City & Guilds?
1. City & Guilds is a registered charity, established to promote education and traning.
2. City & Guilds is an awarding body. That means we create qualifications and thenaward certificates when you, the candidate, successfully complete all the work, to a required standard, at the end of the course at your local college.
3. On an average day, 2,500 people enrol for a city & Guilds qualification and 1,800 complate their qualifications. We award about 1.3 milion certificate a year.
4. Whether you want to be a hairdresser or an IT expert, it's likely that city & Guilds has a qualification that will equip you to fulfil your career ambitions. We offer qualifications at many leverls, from the basic right up to the equivalent of post-gradutae degree.
5. We offer more than 500 qualifications in 28 areas, from photography to flower-arranging. Jamie Oliver says his City & Guilds catering qualification helped him to get where he is today.
6. The organisations was founded in 1878 and is widely know - one in five households has a City & Guilds qualification.
City & Guilds, the UK’s leading vocational awarding body, delivers the qualifications that employers worldwide rely on to raise standards in the workplace.
Our qualifications are supported by Europass - supplement learners' certificate with extra information to help them find employment or training worldwide.
For more informations about the range of qualifications offered, go to